Meet my dogs - Two crazy Spaniels

 I thought I would do a different post than usual and introduce you to my lovely doggies.

Meet Willow and Riley!



Riley is a 10 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, I rescued him from the rehoming centre I used to work at. He was only 6 months old at the time and was brought in as a stray dog that was never claimed. He's the first dog I had on my own (previously only had dogs growing up with the family) and he is the best little boy, so well behaved and gets along with everyone and every dog he meets.


Willow is an 8 year old Cocker Spaniel who I've had since she was a little under 8 weeks old. I had an hour long drive home with her and she cried the whole way home...broke my heart! As soon as we got home and she met Riley the loneliness disappeared and she settled in. Riley fell in love.... Willow quickly became boss!



A little over a year ago Riley had an accident. He had been refusing to go up and down stairs for well over a year, his joints were getting sore, so we carried him up and down the stairs in the block of flats we lived in. Picture above is in the garden of our new house.

 Then a few days before Hogmany, I was getting ready to visit my mum for the holidays. Took the dogs on their leads to the car parked right outside, Riley stopped to pee on the grass outside so I dropped his lead and left him in the garden while I put Willow in the car. Next thing I hear this god awful squealing noise, turned around and poor Riley was sitting at the bottom of the 3 steps leading down from the grass. He must of thought I was leaving him behind and he was trying to get to me. Took him to the Vet and found out he had dislocated his hip! Ouch!

After 'popping' it back in, it dislocated again. The Vet said this would keep happening and the only option was surgery.
Riley had a Femoral Head Osteotomy, last January. Basically the ball part of the joint was removed from his hip in the hope a false joint would form. He has never been able to bare weight on it since. We bought him a set of doggie wheels which have been fab! He is able to stand and get about on the wheels no problem, and he learnt quickly how to let us know when he wants out of them, either to lay down or for some teddy time ;)



Willow likes her close ups....and just look at those brows and lashes! Beautiful. This is her normal pose when she wants something! If she wants out for the toilet she will come right up and sit you on and stare haha. She also likes to walk around with her bowl when shes hungry...even if shes just been fed! 

Willow is a very vocal dog (complete opposite to Riley) She will literally scream the place down if she sees a cat or when the postie comes to the door - sounds like she's getting tortured! She hates the postie despite both me and my fiance being posties! She gets super excited when going out....or getting food, and will actually talk back to me (in doggie language obviously) when I ask if she wants something. I've never met a dog quite like her. My little angel, love her to bits!


Do you have any pets? I'd love to hear about them. Pop me message in the comments.


Comments

  1. Aww what a nice post. Your dogs are beautiful. We'd love another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra :) they are crazy but I love them. Do you have a dog at the moment? x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask

March Love Lula Beauty Box

Ener-C Cranberry Vitamin Sachets