Meldrum House Hotel 'Taste of Meldrum' - Wedding Tasting Evening

My Fiancé Andrew and I get married in 121 days! I can't believe how much the time is flying in...we've been engaged for 2 years....but only started planning 1 year ago. We have chosen Meldrum House Hotel for our Wedding and Reception, and as part of the package we get a free taster session to try some of the meals on offer before we chose our final menu.

So on Wednesday we spent a lovely evening, along with some other couples, being wined and dined...well I wined haha...Andrew was driving! You can see my many wine 'samples' further below.


We started the evening with a glass of Champagne (fruit juice for Andy) and a selection of canapes:
Kale and Parmesan Risotto Arancini
Scallop, black pudding, pea pancake
Whiskey glazed beef slider
Chicken liver pate, onion marmalade




Menu for the evening - was a lovely touch having a menu to remind us what we had chosen to try... my name was spelt wrong but our wedding coordinating did apologise for this! As long as its correct on the day haha.

Starters

Haggis Bon Bons, leek champ, neep puree, founder's jus


Brown Crab fish cakes, aiolo, sekura cress


Intermediate course

Passionfruit Sorbet


Mini Haggis Tian


Mains

Ballantine of Chicken wrapped in bacon, with skirle, thyme scented jus



Beef and Haggis Wellington, roast onion puree


Desserts

Sticky Toffee Pudding, tablet ice cream


Chocolate Lava Cake, White Chocolate Ice Cream



My many wines! Just a taste of each though, honest!
Whites: Brume Di Monte Pinot, Mountadam Chardonnay, Pencarrow Sauvignon Blanc
Reds: Silvestre Cabernet Sauvignon, Long Beach Shiraz, Pencarrow Estate Pinot Noir
Rose: Domaine Montrose Rose
Champagne: Lanson


Overall everything tasted delicious! We both had a taste of every dish, so got a good feel for the choices available. My favourites of the night had to be the Arancini for canape, Haggis bon bons for starter, the Beef Wellington for main, and that Sticky Toffee... oh my I loved it! The Passonfruit Sorbet was also a beautiful extra, so refreshing! As for the wines...I did finish 3 of them! But I loved the Rose, so think that will be my go to for the Wedding day. Our invites are already out and we have chosen the 2018 menu (these were all from 2019 menu) however a few of the dishes are very similar, so I have no doubt that we will be just as thrilled with the Wedding meal as we were at the tasting night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Love Lula Beauty Box

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask

Ener-C Cranberry Vitamin Sachets