Jason Family Sunscreen SPF 45 Review

I am back from my Honeymoon in Rhodes where temperatures reached 28 degrees celsius and wanted to share with you today one of the products I choose to take with me on holiday. An essential product for all holiday goers is sunscreen. I picked up Jason Family Sunscreen SPF 45* as part of my Love Lula Blogger Picks for October. For £12.99 you get a 113g tube, which was perfect for my husband and I for one week away.


So what is SPF and why do we need it?SPF or sun protection factor measures the level of protection a product will give you and how much longer it will take your skin to burn when wearing sunscreen vs not wearing sunscreen. Jason Family Sunscreen has an SPF of 45, which blocks over 97% of UVB radiation.

SPF 15 blocks 93%, SPF 30 blocks 97%, where as SPF 50 blocks 98%.

There are two types of ultraviolet rays emitted from the sun. UVA rays from the sun penetrate deep into the skin causing long term effects such as premature aging and skin cancer. These effects are irreversible. The intensity of the UVA rays are the same all year round, which is why it is important to wear SPF daily. UVB rays are shorter and cause sunburn, the intensity varies from summer to winter.

About the Product
Jason Family Sunscreen SPF45 is a non greasy formula enriched with Vitamin E, Shea Butter and Green tea extract which together nurtures and moisturises the skin. With long lasting UVA & UVB protection to help prevent sun burn and reduces the harmful free radical damage caused by the sun’s ultra-violet rays. The sunscreen is also water resistant (up to 80 minutes) so is great if you plan to do some swimming, however care must be taken to reapply sunscreen after coming out of the water, as it is not waterproof.

To Use
Apply the sunscreen liberally to all exposed skin areas 15-20 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply as needed after towel drying, swimming or sweating.

My thoughts on the product
This sunscreen is by far my favourite sunscreen ever! Seriously I loved it, and have very little left in the tube. I would describe it as resembling a body lotion rather than your typical sunscreen, not too thick and not runny. Just the right consistency. It is most definately not greasy in any way. With a lot of other sunscreens I found I needed to wash my hands after applying....not the case with Jason Family Sunscreen. The sunscreen absorbs nicely into the skin and is moisturising, leaving behind a lovely citrus scent which only added to my desire to reapply often.

As for sun protection and does it work? Well I can say yes it does the job. I have very pale skin and burn quite easily, think 15 degree sun in Scotland...I burn. With the Jason Family Sunscreen SPF 45 the only place I burnt was the one place I forgot to apply sunscreen! My stomach when I changed from shorts and vest top into my bikini...silly me! My arms, legs, chest, back etc all places I would normally burn were still white after my holiday haha. So big tick for me for this sunscreen.

Have you tried Jason Family Sunscreen before? What are your thoughts?


Ingredients
Avobenzone - 3% Homosalate - 10% Octocrylene - 10% Octyl Salicylate - 5% Other Ingredients Aqua (Water) Cetyl Alcohol Glycerin Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Glyceryl Stearate SE Dimethicone VP/Hexadecene Copolymer Canaga Odorata Flower Oil Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1) Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1) Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract Tocopheryl Acetate Allyl Caproate Cetearyl Alcohol Cetearyl Olivate Citric Acid Ethyl Acetate Gamma-Nonalactone Isoamyl Acetate Polysorbate 60 Sodium Chloride Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate Sorbitan Olivate Vanillin Xanthan Gum Benzyl Alcohol Potassium Sorbate Sodium Benzoate Benzyl Benzoate Limonene Linalool (1) Certified organic ingredient.



*Gifted to me to review by Love Lula as part of the Accredited Blogger Programme, all thoughts are honest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PureChimp Matcha Green Tea Review

March Love Lula Beauty Box

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask