Love Lula Picks - My Summer Essentials

This month I've been putting my latest picks from Love Lula to the test. I have chosen a few products that I think are essential for the summer months, although I could easily add more to the list! 

The following products were gifted to me to review as part of Love Lula's Accredited Blogger Program.




First up Sun Lotion! Sun protection is a must all year round but especially in the hot summer months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we continue to get nice weather. I've picked up a bottle of Green People's Organic Children Sun Lotion SPF30. This lotion has a non greasy formula, rich in Aloe Vera, Edelweiss, Avocado and Rosemary. Suitable for children and adults alike, it is ideal for those with sensitive skin or those prone to eczema or psoriasis. Priced at £18.50, this 150ml bottle should see me through the summer months and beyond. It is a fairly thick lotion but applies easily and I didn't feel it left any white cast on my already pale skin! 

I have used a few products from Lucky Cloud in the past and have always been impressed, so I picked up their Soothing Super Balm (£17, 60ml). This intensely hydrating balm is suitable for anyone with dry and itchy skin. Blended with oat oil to repair skin and shea & cocoa butters to lock in moisture and soften rough flaky areas. It has a lovely light floral scent thanks to the lavender and rose geranium essential oils, which also gives a calming and soothing effect for your mind and body. I love the fact it is a multi-purpose balm, and can be used all over the body. Use on dry patches such is hands, elbows, knees and heels, or on your scalp to calm and cool skin. Use as an eye makeup remover or treatment for eyebrow and lash growth (thanks to Sweet Almond Oil). It can even be used on legs post shaving or waxing to calm any irritations. An all round amazing product!

For me hot summer months also means frazzled frizzy hair! I wanted to find a product that could tame the frizz without being too heavy on my hair. Giovanni 2Chic Frizz Be Gone Taming Cream (£8.99, 150ml) is made with a lightweight, non-greasy formula which tames, conditions and improves hair's manageability. This gorgeously scented cream is blended with Shea Butter, Macadamia, Argan, Moringa and Sweet Almond Oils to create a cream that not only controls frizz but also hydrates the hair and helps to prevent breakages. Apply to damp or dry hair to tame frizz and flyaways and create a smooth finish on the hair. My hair was left feeling soft and deeply moisturised without feeling weighed down. I was impressed by the fact it has heat-styling protection and is colour safe so perfect for my recently dyed red hair!

No summer essentials could be complete without a lip balm! Naked Lips are pure and organic lip balms with ECO-certified ingredients. The formula is 100% biodegradable and the packaging is recyclable. I love the concept behind Naked Lips which is about offering a lip balm that is basically so pure that you can eat it. These lip balms contain no parabens, paraffin, lanolin, palm oil or sulphites.

I choose the shade Sugar Plum (£5.99) which is a lovely berry wine colour. I really like darker shades right now and I'm impressed with the colour payoff of this balm. It has a metallic shimmer to it which looks great as a finishing touch for makeup or even just on its own if I'm having a makeup free day.


What is some of your go to essentials for summer??




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PureChimp Matcha Green Tea Review

March Love Lula Beauty Box

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask