Ben & Anna Natural Soda Deodrant* - Vanilla Orchid Review

I recently became part of Lovelula's Accredited Blogger Programme and for one of my picks this month I choose to review Ben & Anna Natural Soda Deodorant in Vanilla Orchid* (60g - £9.95) I've used a few different natural deodrant brands and loved them so much I'd never go back to non natural brands.  


Ben & Anna deodrants contain no aluminum, PEG’s, Parabene or Phtalate. Are vegan, cruelty-free & gluten-free, as well as being certified natural & organic. They are suitable for both men and women...they offer many varieties to choose from including a fragrance free stick if you prefer to stay away from scented products.

The packaging of this deodrant is made with eco friendly recycled cardboard which is always a bonus. Many deodrants come in plastic packaging which more often than not can't be recycled. To use the deodrant you have to push up the bottom of the tube, which may get difficult as the product is nearing the end, then apply a thin layer to clean, dry underarms. It was a little grainy at first and the stick was very solid, but the temperature of my body soon softened the formula and smoothed out nicely on my skin.


The tube itself is quite narrow, for some reason I was expecting it to be slightly wider, perhaps I'm just used to other brands. However it does bode well as a travel item. Nothing worse than a huge deodrant taking up precious space in the toiletries bag! Although don't be fooled by the size, this tube will last a while.

Vanilla Orchid is a lightly floral but sweet scent. I love the vanilla fragrance, it's a scent I'm always drawn to as it's delicate and light. This anti-bacterial deodrant contains Maranta Arundinacea Root Powder (arrow root for short) to help absorb moisture to keep you dry and uses baking powder to neutralise odour, keeping you smelling fresh all day.

Overall I'm very happy with this product. I've only been using it for a few days but feel it does it's job in keeping me dry and fresh during the day at work. As a postie I do alot of walking and quite often work up a sweat walking up and down all the tenement buildings on my route. I'm happy to say I didn't have to worry once about if I was smelly! Other scents that have caught my eye are Persian Lime and Pink Grapefruit. I will definately be adding them to my wish list!


Ingredients in Ben & Anna Natural Soda Deodorant - Vanilla Orchid (Paper Tube) Sodium Bicarbonate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter*, Maranta Arundinacea Root Powder*, Zea Mays Starch, Cocos Nucifera Oil*, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil*, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Cera, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Shorea Robusta Resin, Rhus Verniciflua Peel Cera, Vanilla Planifolia Bean Extract, Rhus Succedanea Fruit Cera, Citrus Reticulata Peel Oil, Limonene**, Vanillin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate***, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linalool**, Benzyl Benzoate**, Benzyl Salicylate**, Farnesol**, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Geraniol**, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract
(* Organic ** from natural essential oils ***RSPO certified)


**Update - it is now August and I have finally finished this product after 5 months use! That is a long lasting product, definitely going to repurchase**

*This product was gifted to me to review as part of Lovelula accredited blogger programme. All thoughts and opinions are honest and my own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask

March Love Lula Beauty Box

Ener-C Cranberry Vitamin Sachets