Love Lula January Beauty Box

January's Love Lula Beauty Box* has arrived! Well actually it arrived last week and I've been busy putting the products to the test. It is a bit of a mixed box this month, with a new to me brand and some new to me products. Let's take a look...


I will start with new to be brand Hesh.....Hesh Black Seed Oil (£7.99, 100ml) is extracted from the seeds of Nigella Sativa, a plant native to southwest Asia. Black seed oil has many health benefits due to its antioxidant rich properties. Can be taken internally as a remedy for conditions such as allergies, asthma, diabetes, headaches, high blood pressure and digestive disorders. Or used topically for skin and hair concerns, such as acne, dry hair, psoriasis, hair growth, and dry skin. It seems like an all round fab product to try, and not one I would of thought to buy myself.
To use: Adults 5ml taken twice daily before food. Or apply small amount to skin and gently massage, leave as long as possible before washing off. Not to be taken if you are pregnant.


Next up is a mask from the brand Kathleen Natural. Bright Mask (£28, 60ml) is packed with White Willow Bark and Hibiscus Extracts, both are rich natural acids, which help to gently peel your skin, speed up cell turnover, and brighten the skin's complexion.
To use: once a week, apply a thin, even layer to freshly cleansed skin. Let the magic of the mask work for 10-15 minutes then remove with a warm, damp face cloth.

This is a super runny mask, not entirely sure it is meant to be this liquidy. I found it best applied with a foundation brush. My skin was left feeling fab and refreshed. I also own the Deep Pore Treatment Mask (which is thicker consistency) and have been eyeing up the Dead Sea Mud Clay Mask which I think I will purchase using the 25% off discount code included in the box.


Kiki Health Magnesium Oil (£12.50, 125ml)
Magnesium has an important role in muscle contractions and neuromuscular signals. When you don’t acquire enough magnesium, your muscles can go into spasms. Magnesium helps muscles to relax and contract, and keep them in good working order.⠀

To use: Ideally spray after a shower or bath to any area of the skin as the pores are open which aids better absorption. Apply 5 to 20 sprays to area of concern in the morning and at night and lightly massage into the skin.

I was most excited about this product and it is my favourite product this month. I suffer with sore knees from time to time (had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis as a child, which seemed to flare up throughout my life) I am also a postie which won't help with muscle/joint problems. The first time I used this spray I will be honest I did not like it! My knee started burning and itching - apparently this is due to lack of magnesium in my body. I persisted however and used again the next day and the next and so on. I have not had any issues again that I felt with the first use. It is actually starting to help and my knees have not been anywhere near as bad as they usually are. I have yet to use it anywhere other than my knees.



Lastly is a 30ml travel size of Natura Siberica Taiga Daily Protection Hand Cream (£4.50, 75ml)
A daily hand cream rich in Wild Honey, Arctic Cloudberries and Lingonberries, resulting in a softening moisturiser for the hands. The oil in the Arctic cloudberry and lingonberry supplies the skin with nutrients and actively restores its natural protection barriers. Rich in Vitamin A, F and B6, this cream is a treat for your skin.
To Use: Apply a small amount of the cream on skin and gently rub in. Use as often as needed.

This came at just the right time! I have a hand cream in my pocket for work (also natura siberica) which I use daily and I have been squeezing the last remaining drops out this week. So I am happy to have a replacement.


Also included in the box are a couple of 10ml samples of Madara's Grow Volume Shampoo & Conditioner. Containing caffeine and zinc, this fungi-based shampoo/conditioner leaves hair soft, smooth and volumised. I don't think I need more volume in my hair as it is already thick but I will give these a go none the less.

 If you would like to sign up for the next Love Lula box, you can sign up here. Monthly subscription is £14.95 or sign up for longer and get discounts of up to 15%. A one off box can also be purchased for £19.95 if you wish to try one box first before committing to a monthly subscription. Included in every box is a discount code to get 25% off any products from the brands featured in that months box.



*Gifted to me to review as part of Love Lula's Accredited Blogger Program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Love Lula Beauty Box

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask

Ener-C Cranberry Vitamin Sachets