My Madara Valentines Makeup look


I dont often do makeup reviews as despite owning A LOT of makeup I don't really wear much on a day to day basis. Seeing as it was Valentine's Day on Friday I thought I would do a quick simple makeup look using some Madara products I picked up this month from Love Lula.


For my blogger picks this month I chose Skin Equal Foundation* (30ml, £33) which comes in a glass bottle with pump dispenser and Glossy Venom Hydrating Lip Gloss* (4ml, £19) which comes in a tube with a foam applicator. I then used my 25% discount code from last months beauty box to pick up a Luminous Perfecting Concealer (4ml, £20) also a tube with foam applicator and Brow Pomade (5g, £20) which comes in a pot with twist off lid.

All the products come inside grey boxes with details of each product on the box. The foundation has an SPF of 15 and all products are Vegan, Nut Free, Gluten Free, Natural & Organic ECOCERT and Cruelty Free

From left to right: Foundation Rose Ivory #30, Concealer Vanilla #15, Gloss Vegan Red #75, Brow Pomade Frosty Taupe #20.


I really hate sharing pictures without makeup on but here goes!
Bare faced me!

I applied the Luminous Perfecting Concealer under eyes and around my chin where I have spots and redness then Skin Equal Foundation all over. I found the shade to be a good match to my skin and left a dewy finish. Bad lighting is making it look yellow in this picture when it's not really, sorry! - that's what I get for doing makeup in the evening when hubby is cooking dinner!

Next I applied the Brow Pomade which I found easy to apply but did notice it isn't the quickest product to dry and I ended up smudging it slightly when I brushed my fringe off my eyes! A quick re-touch of concealer and I was good to go. One thing I will mention about this product is it doesn't come with an application brush...luckily I had a suitable brush at home already. I only needed to use a small amount, so I have barely made a dent in the pot. This product will last a good amount of time.

I used Urban Decay Rapture Blush and Eyeshadow from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, then finished the look with a coat of Emani Soy Mascara* in shade 'Midnight' and the Glossy Venom Hydrating Lip Gloss in shade 'Vegan Red' - which has just the right amount of pigmentation to give a subtle pop of colour. The gloss is not sticky and would look great over the top of a darker coloured lipstick.


A change of clothes and a glass of wine in hand and I was ready to enjoy a romantic meal with my husband.
Did you do anything special this year for Valentine's? Leave me a comment below.





*Gifted to me to review as part of Love Lula's Accredited Blogger Program. All thoughts are honest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Love Lula Beauty Box

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask

Ener-C Cranberry Vitamin Sachets